Learn about the heritage of Ireland with this lovely History of Ireland jigsaw. 14 chunky pieces. Ulster has 3 pieces, Leinster has 3 pieces, Munster has 4 pieces and Connaught has 4 pieces.
This jigsaw has lovely pastel colours and shows a number of interesting landmarks of Ireland.
Remove the pieces to read about the history of Ireland, which includes a short description of the following and more:
- Stone age 8000 years ago to the 1st century BC; Gaels; Druidism; Irish Legends
- Story of St. Patrick
- Viking invasions from 795; Normans in 1169
- Strongbow; The Pale; King Henry VIII; Queen Elizabeth 1; Oliver Cromwell; William of Orange
- 1782 Dublin Parliament granted virtual independence from London
- United Irishmen & Wolfe Tone; Daniel O’Connell
- Potato Blight; Michael Davitt & the Land League Movement; Boycott
- Charles Stewart Parnell & Irish Home Rule Bill
- Ulster Volunteer Force; Irish Volunteers
- 1916; Patrick Pearse; James Connolly
- Dáil; War of Independence; Black & Tans
- 1922 The Anglo Irish Treaty; 6 counties of Ulster granted separate status
- Civil War; Eamon de Valera; founding of Fianna Fail party
- 1937 New constitution declaring Ireland a sovereign independent democratic state
- 1938 Britain relinguised naval facilities; economic war ends
- 1939 Ireland declare neutrality at the outbreak of World War 2
Dimensions = 40cm x 30cm
The History of Ireland Jigsaw is a great Irish gift for both children and adults to learn interesting aspects of the heritage of Ireland.