Our next dispatch date for gifts in stock is
Friday 27th November 2020.
For personalised gifts please see the detail on the product pages.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
Totally Irish Gifts Customer Notice
Dated 25th November, 2020
Totally Irish Gifts’ website is open for browsing, queries and dispatch.
Our delivery partner is An Post. An Post are reporting a considerable backlog in the Dublin postal depots. This is due to covid work practices to keep staff and customers safe and also a major upsurge in items going through the post. This is causing delays in delivery, which is beyond our control. Delivery may take between 3-10 days in Ireland. This backlog will also have a knock on effect for international deliveries. We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.
NOTE: If required, when a gift has been delayed we can liaise with you to arrange to send your recipient an email saying a special gift is on the way.
Restrictions for International Delivery
An Post can currently dispatch to the following countries:
- Albania, Austria, Australia, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Channel Islands, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, U.A.E., UK, Ukraine, USA, Zambia, Zimbabwe. Orders received for all other international destinations will be held in our office until the restrictions are lifted for that country.
- The following countries are reporting postal delays: Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, France, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Spain, Switzerland & USA.
- Postal services in most countries are not asking customers to sign for registered or priority post, so no hard copy proof of delivery is obtained.
As a small family run company our customers mean the world to us. We understand the emotions of gift giving for a special occasion, particularly at a time when you may not be able to visit loved ones. Being an online only company, we work from home and have no contact with the public. We have put in place extra hygiene measures. Our website and office remains open for business. The World Health Organisation (WHO) advises is it safe to receive packages as the coronavirus does not survive long on objects and so the risk of coronavirus infection from handling packages and goods is considered extremely low.
We wish all our customers good health and to stay safe during this difficult time.
Countries we ship to:
At Totally Irish Gifts we offer both national and international shipping, with exceptions of countries not currently served due to the Covid-19 pandemic, natural disasters, conflict, etc. Please contact us to check if we can currently ship to your destination.
Cost of delivery:
Express Tracked Post within Ireland (32 counties) = Flat rate €5
Priority Tracked Post to U.K. = Flat rate €8
Priority Tracked Post to U.S.A. = Flat rate €15
Priority Tracked Post to Rest of the World = our international shipping costs vary depending on the destination and the size/weight of packaged order. The shipping cost for your order can be calculated both in the cart and in the checkout. Please contact us if you would like us to clarify shipping costs.
Our shipping method:
For all shipments we use the Irish state postal service, ‘An Post’. International shipments are handled by the equivalent postal service of each country traversed. This An Post service is trackable and insured. A signature is normally required on delivery, however, during the Covid-19 pandemic the postal services are not engaging in this.
- We aim to dispatch stock orders within 24 hours, but certainly within 2 working days. Please contact us to check when our next dispatch day is. Please indicate in the comments box at checkout if your gift is urgent.
- Most personalised gifts are dispatched directly from the supplier, lead-times are detailed on these product pages. Please contact us to check a supplier’s current lead-time.
- We strongly advise you to contact us about last minute orders required for a particular near date so that we can confirm the order can be fulfilled and delivered by the required date.
- For gifts in stock, a shipping email with tracking number will be sent to you when your order has been dispatched.
- For personalised gifts dispatched directly from the supplier, a shipping email with tracking number will be sent to you once this detail has been received from the supplier.
Delivery, once dispatched, approximate delivery time are:
Note as of 4th November: An Post are reporting a backlog due to new work practices to keep staff and customers safe and also an upsurge in items going through the post, which are causing delays. Delivery may take between 3-5 days in Ireland. This backlog will also have a knock on effect for international deliveries also. We appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.
- Republic of Ireland: Next day delivery.
- Northern Ireland: 1-2 working days.
- UK: 2-3 working days.
- U.S.A.: 4-9 working days.
- Western Europe: 3-5 working days.
- Eastern Europe: 4-11 working days.
- Rest of the World: Please contact us for an estimated delivery time for your country.
Important points to note about delivery:
Note 1: Due to Covid-19 restrictions delays can occur. If your gift gets delayed and doesn’t arrive in time for your special occasion, we can send an email to your recipient to say a special gift is on the way from Ireland. Please contact us to arrange this.
Note 2: Remote destinations in Ireland and all countries may take slightly longer to deliver than that indicated.
Note 3: At busy times of the year, such as Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, after bank holidays etc, delivery times can take longer due to high volumes of orders being processed by all shipping companies. It is advisable to place orders well in advance to allow for slower delivery at such times.
Note 4: We try to keep customers informed if delivery is going to be affected by situations, e.g. Covid-19 restrictions, adverse weather conditions, postal strikes, etc.
Note 5: For international shipments, occasionally parcels are taken into Customs of that country, unfortunately this is beyond our control, but we will try to keep customers updated of such delays.